Today, more than 22,000 enterprise customers around the world store, protect, and manage their Microsoft application data with NetApp® storage solutions. When you deploy Microsoft technologies on NetApp systems, you can rest assured that you’re getting a highly efficient, flexible, and reliable storage solution that will help your budget go further and your business go faster.
Our support for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 is another example of how NetApp remains in the forefront of providing an agile data infrastructure for Microsoft applications. Read the press release to learn more about our continuing commitment to support the latest Microsoft server virtualization technologies.
Our Value Proposition
NetApp storage and data management solutions help you to realize the full value of your Microsoft technology investments. With our joint solutions, you can:
- Achieve nondisruptive operation and dynamic scaling
- Increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Protect and increase the availability of your Microsoft application data assets
- Simplify your IT environment and streamline management
- Provide a highly flexible storage infrastructure to support your virtualization and private cloud deployments
Our Microsoft Virtualization and Cloud Solutions
- In recognition of its work helping customers and partners build Microsoft Private Cloud solutions, NetApp has been named the Microsoft Private Cloud Partner of the Year for 2012. NetApp was also named a finalist in the Virtualization and Management award category. Read the press release to learn more about how the NetApp solution was rated the best of nearly 3,500 entries.
- NetApp and Microsoft Private Cloud solutions leverage Microsoft virtualization, Microsoft System Center, and NetApp storage, enabling you to increase data availability, provision resources rapidly, and accelerate system performance. Our cloud solutions integrate with the latest Microsoft technologies, including live migration, cluster shared volumes, and System Center Orchestrator for orchestration. NetApp, Cisco, and Microsoft work together through the Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track Partner program to offer a reference implementation to help optimize service and application delivery within a private cloud.
NetApp storage solutions for Microsoft Hyper-V provide highly efficient storage utilization, streamlined IT management, rapid data backup and recovery, flexibility, and cost-effective disaster recovery for your virtualized server environment.
Our Microsoft Application and Database Solutions
The NetApp and Microsoft Alliance Relationship
NetApp is a Microsoft Global Independent Software Vendor (ISV) and Microsoft Partner with the following Gold Certified competencies:
- Independent Software Vendor (ISV)
- Portals and Collaboration
- Content Management
- Data Platform
- Business Intelligence
- Server Platform
- Virtualization (Silver)
NetApp and Microsoft have been working together for more than a decade to provide innovative solutions that make it easier for our customers to rapidly transform their data centers for the future. NetApp also has Silver Certified competency in Virtualization.
Product Development and Technical Integration
NetApp engineers and product developers work closely with their counterparts at Microsoft to design and develop integrated storage and data management solutions for key Microsoft technologies, including Microsoft Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, SQL Server, Microsoft Private Cloud and Hyper-V. NetApp is strategically committed to architecting storage solutions that are highly compatible with Microsoft technologies. Tight integration of licensed Windows protocols and complete compatibility with Windows OS enhancements—as well as with Microsoft applications—are NetApp development priorities.
All NetApp storage systems are Windows logo’d and supported by Microsoft. NetApp SnapManager® software for Microsoft technologies is tested and certified for Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2008 R2, and 2012. NetApp is a Microsoft Storage Partner and supports Microsoft storage technologies, including Microsoft iSCSI Software Initiator, MPIO, VSS, and VDS.
Solution Development and Testing
NetApp is a Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) Global Technology Partner, which means that we provide and maintain NetApp storage systems and software in every MTC in the world. You can use these MTC resources for architecture planning as well as for hands-on testing and proof-of-concept testing of joint Microsoft and NetApp solutions.
Customer Services and Support
NetApp and Microsoft have a reciprocal services agreement in place to enable Microsoft and NetApp consultants to jointly design and deploy Microsoft applications on NetApp storage systems to provide high-quality support to our mutual customers. We also have a cooperative support agreement to enable our customer support organizations to provide you with the highest level of support for our joint solutions.
To learn more about the NetApp and Microsoft Alliance and how it can benefit your organization, contact your NetApp sales representative or your NetApp reseller.