NetApp Certified Data Administrators have proven skills in performing in-depth support, administrative functions, and performance management for NetApp storage controllers running the Data ONTAP® operating system in NFS and Windows® (CIFS) multiprotocol environments. They are able to implement high availability controller configurations. They also have detailed knowledge of SnapMirror®, SnapRestore®, and SnapVault®, which they use to manage and protect mission-critical data.
Candidates for NCDA certification should have at least 6-12 months of field experience implementing and administering NetApp storage solutions in multiprotocol environments. Additionally, candidates taking the NetApp Certified Clustered Data ONTAP Administrator exam should know how to implement HA controller configurations, SyncMirror for rapid data recovery, or clustered Data ONTAP solutions with either single- or multi-node configurations.
The new NetApp Certified Data Administrator, Clustered Data ONTAP (NS0-157) exam will be available in May 2015, and will replace the current NS0-156 exam.
NCDA Logos and certificates will be granted to those individuals who successfully pass any of the following:
- NetApp Certified 7-Mode Data Administrator (NS0-155) exam
- NetApp Certified Clustered Data ONTAP Administrator (NS0-156) exam
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator, Clustered Data ONTAP (NS0-157) exam (replaces NS0-156 in May 2015)
Alternatively, the recommended preparatory training for NS0-156 in addition to 2 years of field experience will prepare candidates to successfully take the new NS0-157 exam.
Note: To enroll in NetApp University training courses, you will need a NetApp Support Site account. Create a NetApp Support Site account.
Register for This Certification Exam
Registration and administration for NetApp certification exams are managed by Pearson VUE. Register now for this certification exam.
- View the Frequently Asked Questions for NS0-155, NetApp Certified 7-Mode Data Administrator and NS0-156, NetApp Certified Clustered Data ONTAP Administrator.
- Take the practice test for NS0-155 PDF and NS0-156.
- Study NetApp product descriptions.
- Visit the NetApp Library to review technical manuals, white papers, knowledge base articles, and other relevant information about our products.
- See the NetApp University Learning Map for a complete list of NetApp University training courses.
- Have a question? Contact us.