Only NetApp® Data ONTAP® 8 offers a unified scale-out solution for an adaptable, always-on storage infrastructure to accommodate today's highly virtualized environments. You can deploy not only NAS or file-based protocols, but also the SAN protocols—Fibre Channel, iSCSI, and FCoE—in a shared scale-out storage system:
- Provide nearly limitless capacity—regardless of network protocol.
- Massively increase single-volume capacity as content repositories expand.
- Dynamically balance data and network connections anywhere within the storage cluster.
- Optimize the data path; pNFS delivers parallel access to storage for NFS workloads.
- Gain significant I/O acceleration by accessing multiple data servers in parallel.
Learn more about NetApp's features that enable massive scalability and data management:
Is Your Infrastructure Agile?
Watch this on-demand TechTalk webcast and find out.
NetApp Unified Scaled-Out Storage
This Silverton Consulting report details how our clustering software can help you scale.
Building the Next Generation of Storage
Build your future services-enabled ecosystem with scale-out storage. This ESG white paper explains how.