Sydney, AUSTRALIA - 27 May 2010
- NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) announced that it will honor the
winners of the 2009 NetApp Innovation Awards tonight during an
awards ceremony at the Hotel Valencia in San Jose, California. This
year marks the sixth consecutive year of the NetApp Innovation
Awards, which recognise customers who have implemented NetApp®
solutions in an innovative way to positively impact their
"The NetApp Innovation Awards give us the
opportunity to shine the spotlight on our customers and recognise
them for the significant business impacts they achieved using
NetApp solutions," said Tom Georgens, president and chief executive
officer, NetApp. "This year's nominees, finalists, and winners
showcase how successful businesses are built on NetApp technology.
They have once again raised the bar and their achievements
demonstrate the power of the NetApp and customer partnership."
This year more than 200 nominees were
submitted for awards in the following five categories: Innovator of
the Year, Enterprise Infrastructure, Green, Public Sector, and
Individual. One winner and two finalists were selected in each
category by a third-party panel of judges comprised of
well-respected business and technology experts from the media and
business communities. The Innovator of the Year category recognises
one winner from each of the following three global geographies:
Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
2009 NetApp Innovation Award
- Innovator of the Year-Americas: Microsoft
- Innovator of the Year-APAC: Weta Digital
- Innovator of the Year-EMEA: BT Global
- Enterprise Infrastructure: WNS Global
- Green: T-Systems
- Public Sector: Pennsylvania Office of Attorney
- Individual: Robert Ross, Chief Security
Officer and Senior Vice President of Network and Technical
Services, Data Centre, Inc.
2009 NetApp Innovation Award
- Enterprise Infrastructure: Tier 3 and HDFC
- Green: Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP and
Financial Technologies India Ltd.
- Public Sector: SALK-Salzburger Landeskliniken
and Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority
- Individual: Phil Nail, CTO, AISO.net, and Dirk
Sibiet, Regional Service Delivery Manager, ABN AMRO Bank N.V.
The NetApp Innovation Awards program
distinguishes itself by relying on a prestigious third-party panel
of judges for the five main categories. These judges determine the
award winners based on their outside expertise and a critical,
unbiased assessment of real-world NetApp deployments at customer
Innovation Award judges for 2009
- Tracy Burrows, Editor, ITWeb iWeek
- Jimmie Chang, Principal Research Analyst, Storage, Greater
- Deni Connor, Principal Analyst, Storage Strategies
NOW, and Contributing Editor, Network World
- Carsten Knop, Senior Business Editor, Frankfurter
- Vijay Ramachandran, Editor-in-Chief, IDG Media India Pvt.
- Larry Walsh, Vice President and Group Publisher, Ziff Davis
Enterprise Channel Insider
Discuss this news in the NetApp Community,
where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics
with our community members. Collaborate with our company, engage in
conversation with NetApp leaders and employees, and participate in
our passion to go further, faster. Join now at www.netapp.com/au/communities.
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions
that accelerate business breakthroughs and deliver outstanding cost
efficiency. Discover our passion for helping companies around the
world go further, faster at www.netapp.com/au/.
+61 2 9954 3492
NetApp, the NetApp logo, Go further,
faster, and Data ONTAP are trademarks or registered trademarks of
NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. VMware is
a registered trademark of VMware, Inc. All other brands or products
are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders
and should be treated as such.