NetApp® FlexClone® technology, integrated in SnapManager® for Microsoft® SQL Server®, allows you to replicate SQL Server databases in minutes with greater storage efficiency than other vendors' solutions.
NetApp can help you:
- Create clones on demand using minimal storage space.
- Make zero-storage-footprint clones.
- Create space-efficient copies of SQL Server data with end-to-end clone lifecycle management, including policy-based clone deletion and refresh.
- Offer on-demand, periodic, customized, error-free staging and user-acceptance testing services.
- Use cloned copies of production databases for reporting and analysis, patching, testing, development, reporting, training, and quality assurance.
Provision storage resources for application testing and development with NetApp FlexVol® technology. Use SnapMirror® software (for NetApp-based storage) or SnapMirror for Open Systems (for non-NetApp storage) to replicate production data for testing and to deploy test and development systems to lower-cost secondary storage. With SQL Server 2012, use NetApp SMB (CIFS) storage for SAN-like performance at lower cost.
Read more about NetApp solutions for SQL Server
Learn more by contacting your NetApp sales representative or reseller and arrange a visit to your local Microsoft Technology Center.