Only NetApp® Data ONTAP® 8 offers a unified scaled-out solution for an adaptable, always-on storage infrastructure to accommodate today’s highly virtualised environments. You can deploy not only NAS or file-based protocols, but also the SAN protocols - Fibre Channel, iSCSI and FCoE - in a shared, scaled-out storage system:
- Provide nearly limitless capacity - regardless of network protocol.
- Massively increase single-volume capacity as content repositories expand.
- Dynamically balance data and network connections anywhere within the storage cluster.
- Optimise the data path; pNFS delivers parallel access to storage for NFS workloads.
- Gain significant I/O acceleration by accessing multiple data servers in parallel.
Learn more about NetApp’s features that enable massive scalability and data management:
Is Your Infrastructure Agile?
Watch this on-demand TechTalk webcast and find out.
NetApp Unified Scaled-Out Storage
This Silverton Consulting report details how our clustering software can help you scale.
Building the Next Generation of Storage
Build your future services-enabled ecosystem with scale-out storage. This ESG white paper explains how.